Priorij Groenendaal

Founded in 1343 by Jan van Ruusbroec, Jan Hinckaert and Frank van Coudenberg. On 7 May 1413, the independent house of Augustinian canons at Groenendaal was absorbed into the Congregation of Windesheim. It was suppressed in 1787 by Emperor Joseph II.

HMML ID
447528234568
PURL
https://w3id.org/haf/organization/447528234568
LC name
Priorij Groenendaal
HMML name
Priorij Groenendaal
Library of Congress
https://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n96023101
VIAF
https://viaf.org/viaf/173331675

Variants

  • Monastère de Groenendael
  • Prieuré de Groenendael
  • Priorij van Groenendaal

Organization information

Organization type
Monasteries
Foundation date
1343
Dissolution date
1787
Centuries
14th century CE ● 15th century CE ● 16th century CE ● 17th century CE ● 18th century CE
Locations
Countries
Languages
Dutch ● Latin
Fields of activity

Organization relationships

Parent organizations

Preferred citation

"Priorij Groenendaal." HMML Authority File. Hill Museum & Manuscript Library. Last modified May 15, 2023. https://w3id.org/haf/organization/447528234568

Change notes

Date added
2023-05-15
Last edited
2023-05-15