Universität Dillingen

Originally founded as the "College of St. Jerome" for education of the clergy, it was raised as a university in 1551 by Pope Julius III; the Jesuits were in charge of instruction from 1563, and it was thus greatly affected by the suppression of the Jesuits in 1773; it was secularized and abolished in 1803

HMML ID
653386392157
PURL
https://w3id.org/haf/organization/653386392157
LC name
Universität Dillingen
HMML name
Universität Dillingen
Library of Congress
https://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n2001084369
VIAF
https://viaf.org/viaf/126858345

Organization information

Organization type
Universities and colleges
Foundation date
1551
Dissolution date
1803
Centuries
16th century CE ● 17th century CE ● 18th century CE ● 19th century CE
Locations
Countries
Fields of activity

Organization relationships

Associates

Preferred citation

"Universität Dillingen." HMML Authority File. Hill Museum & Manuscript Library. Last modified July 14, 2022. https://w3id.org/haf/organization/653386392157

Change notes

Date added
2022-07-14
Last edited
2022-07-14